Microsoft Word Compatibility?

Reaction score
So, I just spent the last couple of hours putting together a project for my language arts class. Everything looked perfect! I put the project on a memory stick, put it into my Windows computer(Don't have a printer hooked up to my Mac yet.) and opened the document. All the pictures were replaced by a thing that said "You need Quicktime and a decompresser to see this image" I was infuriated, so the next day I asked my friend about it. He said, oh well you have to do "Paste Special". Went home, replaced all the photos, but did "Paste Special" instead of just doing Apple + V. I was sure it would work so I waited until now to print it and once again, it says the same thing. Luckily my mom had her Apple Laptop so I just printed from that, but still for the future, what can I do so that I can see the photos?

By the way, what I did was save the photo, open it in iPhoto, select what part I wanted, Apple+C, then went into Microsoft Word 2004, Edit>Paste Special, Paste as a Photo.

And I saved the document as the default "Word Document".

Suggestions? I don't plan on buying a printer for my Mac anytime soon, so don't suggest I just get a printer.

C

chas_m

I find it amazing that you don't think a printer (maybe $100) wouldn't be a simpler solution that futzing about and wasting time, but oh well.

The basic problem here is that you're moving images into Word in the wrong way. Stop copy/pasting and use drag and drop instead.

When the project is done, save it as a PDF file. This preserves all formatting, images and so forth *exactly* as you had them.

OP
H
Reaction score
My Mac is in a tight area and I wouldn't be able to fit a printer in anyways.

I didn't want to know how to preserve it as a PDF, I want a WORD DOCUMENT. I tried both the Paste Special and one picture I tried the drag and drop and both methods didn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you want a Word document (not a WORD DOCUMENT) on a Windows computer with no pictures, or do you want a pdf with pictures?

chas-M was just trying to be helpful. And what else have you tried??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.