Cheap RAM?

Reaction score
My Mac is going to be in tomorrow. The only one I could afford was the 1gbRAM; 250gbHD; 2.0MHZ; etc.

Hardrive space doesnt mean anything to me considering I'll be getting an external within a few months or so.

But in order to run Adobe Master Suite, Final Cut (once I can afford to get it) obviously I'll need 3 more gigs of ram.

SO DIMM 200-pin DDRII 667MHZ PC2-5300 is what its got.

Just wondering where the best deals are. I tried looking on eBay but I couldn't find any. Newegg had some good prices from what I saw, but just thought maybe somebody else has theirs beat.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My Mac is going to be in tomorrow. The only one I could afford was the 1gbRAM; 250gbHD; 2.0MHZ; etc.

Hardrive space doesnt mean anything to me considering I'll be getting an external within a few months or so.

But in order to run Adobe Master Suite, Final Cut (once I can afford to get it) obviously I'll need 3 more gigs of ram.

SO DIMM 200-pin DDRII 667MHZ PC2-5300 is what its got.

Just wondering where the best deals are. I tried looking on eBay but I couldn't find any. Newegg had some good prices from what I saw, but just thought maybe somebody else has theirs beat.

I think that you started your story somewhere in the middle...because starting from sentence #1...I'm confused.:Confused:

As far as cheap ram...no such thing for Mac's. Buy cheap ram...and when you install it...your Mac won't work. Buy from one of these guys...and you'll be good to go:

macsales.com

Crucial.com

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
I think that you started your story somewhere in the middle...because starting from sentence #1...I'm confused.:Confused:

As far as cheap ram...no such thing for Mac's. Buy cheap ram...and when you install it...your Mac won't work. Buy from one of these guys...and you'll be good to go:

Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com

- Nick

Sorry for the confusion, basically I need more ram, and for a decent price. Don't really have much money, its taken me a long time just to round up enough for the Mac alone. But thanks for the link, I think I found some goodies :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry for the confusion, basically I need more ram, and for a decent price. Don't really have much money, its taken me a long time just to round up enough for the Mac alone. But thanks for the link, I think I found some goodies :D

Hey...I totally understand not wanting to pay any more than necessary for ram. Trouble is...Mac's can be a picky when it comes to ram.

Buy the wrong stuff...then it doesn't work. Then you either loose the money you paid for the ram (or a big hassle returning it...especially if purchased on e-Bay)...then you have to spend more money to get the "good stuff".

In the end of you buy the "cheaper" ram first (find it doesn't work)...then buy the good ram...you spend more $$$ than if you bought the good stuff right away.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.