windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i want to install my windows on my mac so i can use .exe and .doc files. I have found a Windows XP disc but it was already used by my dad. If i use the disc will it still work? and will it mess up the original computer that used the disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
1. Using the same "CD" will not mess up the original installation or any other. You can use it an unlimited amount of times.
2. Its more a case of the single License key - but even reusing that across several machines hasn't caused any issues in my experience so far.

So essentially no - even so you really should buy a new license.

First thing besides the single license key on two systems breaking the law.

Second, do you know much about Product Activation on Windows? If he activates the copy on another machine and succeeds, things will happen to the dads computer when it connects to Microsoft Servers for updates. Seen it happen many times.

But it's against the law to put that Single License XP on two systems. We here at Mac Forums do not allow any discussion of anything that breaks the law.

So this thread will have to be closed.

You need to get your own legal copy of XP, VISTA, W7 or whatever you want to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.