Mail Sync Files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pro 2.66 Quad, 4G RAM, RadeonX1900, 10.6.4; 17" MB Pro, 2.66 i7, 8Gb RAM, 10.6.3; 3GS 32G & 16G iOS4
I haven't been able to find a complete list anywhere of all the files needed to sync Mail. I got tired of my cluttered home drive and applications folder after numerous updates and programs I don't use anymore. I was also having some issues that were strangely nonexistent on my new MacBook Pro. I decided to start fresh with a new hard drive. I wiped it and installed Snow Leopard. Before I get into all the Application installs, I wanted to sync Mail. I just want mail to startup fully loaded like on my old home drive. I tried copying the Mail and Mail Download folders from the library, but Mail still started up asking to set up an account. I also tried deleting Mail from my "clean" drive and replacing it with the one form the "dirty" drive. It still started the same. I'm happy to continue with POP3. I like having an untouched backup online JIC. I also delete messages from my iPhone that I would like to keep on my desktop and really only use the iPhone Mail as a way of keeping up if an important message comes through.

What other files do I need to transfer for a full sync? I haven't done a search for it, but the files for iCal would be appreciated as well.

Thanks heaps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.