IMDB page loaded strangely

Reaction score
I'd just like to get your opinion on this. I was browsing IMDB just a little bit ago and when I clicked on the link to a movie's page (Invasion to be specific) the page looked different than IMDB pages normally look. I probably should have taken a screen grab, but to do my best to describe it the movie poster and pictures of the actors were bigger than they normally would be, plus the borderlines around the message board area seemed to be gone. I clicked the link to this page again a few more times and if I recall another movie as well, but it still looked that way. I cleared the cache, cookies, etc in Firefox and now the pages seem to load like they did before.

Any opinion on why it would have done that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
That's weird. I use Safari and it loads normally. Are you sure your page isn't zoomed in, perhaps, or your screen itself? Ctrl + Scrolling helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
I've noticed this as well.. I use chrome.

I think its just they are updating the look of the site, by changing the css - Yet I would guess its not fully site wide yet, and they are still ironing out cross browser compatibility issues...

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. I haven't experienced this again so far, and besides TGITC someone else told me that they could be testing a new layout. And by clearing the cache and cookies and getting it back to normal that way, I'd like to think it was nothing malicious. *hopefully*

Why do websites have to change their designs so much? I can see adding a new feature once in a while, but even then that gets confusing. Google instant or whatever it's called had me panicking when I logged on. "Is my enter key broken?!" Maybe I'm just lame, but I don't need layouts to change or new features introduced all the time to get me to keep visiting a website. I just want good content. That new layout IMDB seems to be testing by the way is horrible in my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.