Sporadic Airport connectivity?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had a Macbook Pro since August of 2009. I'm a college student, and before I went back to school this year I brought it to the apple store because bluetooth wasn't working. They had to replace the Airport and something else to fix it (link board I think was what the guy told me?), and everything worked fine after that.

I don't think it's my school's wireless but over the past two days I've have issues connecting to the internet. Airport tells me I have all five bars of service, but when I click on the internet, it doesn't connect. It only went on for a few minutes yesterday, but today when I came back to my room and tried to get online, it didn't work. I kept rebooting, shutting down and turning back on, turning off and on Airport and logging off an on for about a half hour, and I was waiting to talk to someone on Apple Care when all of the sudden it started working.

Is this a problem with my laptop or the school's wireless? Both times this happened my roommate's Macbook Pro worked just fine and had full connection and everything. Any help would be very appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.