Bluetooth Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum, just wanted to say hey!

I also have a few questions about bluetooth..

I have a macbook, dell desktop and iphone 4. I want to use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard with all of them, however, when I am using the mouse & kb on one, I don't want it to affect the others. I've looked at synergy but could not get it to work :eek: I also looked at teleport, but it's only for macs. Is what I want to do even possible?

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!
J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
You could just turn Bluetooth off in which ever device you don't want to be affected; or simply disconnect. Turning off is easier and faster, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Hey guys. New to the forum, just wanted to say hey!

I also have a few questions about bluetooth..

I have a macbook, dell desktop and iphone 4. I want to use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard with all of them, however, when I am using the mouse & kb on one, I don't want it to affect the others. I've looked at synergy but could not get it to work :eek: I also looked at teleport, but it's only for macs. Is what I want to do even possible?

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!
J

Most bluetooth devices will only let you pair with one thing at a time. That being the case you could still use the same bluetooth keyboard and mouse with your two computer, but they could only be pair with one computer at a time, so you wouldn't really have to worry about it affecting the other when used on one. If you're saying that you want to have them paired at the same time with each computer, I don't think you can do that, someone correct me if I'm wrong. You would have to "disconnect" from one and then "connect" it with the other to use it.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.