outlook express 'disk full'

D

Duncan

Hi All,

I run Outlook Express 5.0.6 on a system 9.2.2 Mac and a while ago I started getting 'disk full' messages. I researched this and found that there is a 2gb mail limit set on this software (and on Entourage), so I tried archiving some of the older mail and deleting attachments from mails. This made no difference to the size of the mail file but did let some new mail in. I've been working around this by using webmail and receiving mail via another server on a different machine but this is a far from ideal situation.

The 'compacting' option available to PC users is not available on this mac version.

So, the question is, do you know of any mail software that wouldn't have mail limits and would let me import my OE data, or a good workaround that doesn't involve deleting my email history?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am not sure about importing from OE, but Eudora used to work great under Mac OS 8-9. I can check it out and see if it will import IE mail into it. I am sure there is no limit though as I kept 2 years plus email one time as a test and it just kept on going. Only thing would stop it is Hard Drive space! There might be something else, but for OS 9 I don't know of much else.

OP
D

Duncan

dtravis7 said:
I am not sure about importing from OE, but Eudora used to work great under Mac OS 8-9. I can check it out and see if it will import IE mail into it. I am sure there is no limit though as I kept 2 years plus email one time as a test and it just kept on going. Only thing would stop it is Hard Drive space! There might be something else, but for OS 9 I don't know of much else.
Thanks DT - I'm running Eudora now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.