Is Macbook Pro suitable for my need?

Reaction score
I'm currently own Notebook with Windows OS, but now I want to switch to Mac. I'll use new machine for these purposes:
  1. Programming (40%): Almost of time I use my machine to do algorithm testing, practicing but I've planed to do iPhone App after I've purchased new Mac.
  2. Surfing internet (40%): I don't know is Safari can render LaTex correctly?
  3. Watching DVD, HD movies (20%)

Almost of time I use my current notebook in living room. I want to know is Macbook Pro 15" is suitable for me or iMac 27" is better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
You imply that _most_ of the time you will use the computer will be in the living room. Since it's not _all_ the time, I would (if I were you) buy a MacBook Pro and eventually hook it up to an external monitor if more pixels were needed. Btw, you can get up to 1680 x 1050 pixels on the 15'' MBP.

Programming (especially the code-typing part) works great with the Mac-keyboard-layout. More logical and intuitive placement of many special characters than under a Windows system. For instance, you have the symbols / \ | on the 7-key, ( [ { on the 8-key, and ) ] } on the 9-key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.