Windows Xp on macbook pro.

Reaction score
hey, i just got my macbook pro, and i love it :) but its not compatible with some of the programs i need to use, so i wanted to install windows XP. so naturally i had some questions. 1) how to i use windows once its installed, and 2) do i still get all of the retarded viruses that windows gets?
thanks.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You can use Windows through bootcamp, or use a virtual machine. IE Vm Ware Fusion, Parallel etc.

It's Windows so yes it can still get infected with viruses.

Reaction score
Please be sure and read the stickies at the top of this forum - they will answer your questions about installing Windows on your Mac. After reviewing them, please post back with specific instructions. And yes, you'll need virus protection on your windows install, although any such viruses will not affect the Mac side. Recommending Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free and appears to do the job pretty well.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.