Epson R800 driver - won't work on iMac/

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get their R800 working on an iMac?
I have downloaded the appropriate driver from Epson (3.0) but the iMac continues to use a generic driver which makes it impossible to print properly.
I have tried deleting printers, deleting drivers, reinstalling etc, to no avail.
Looks like I will have to continue to use a PC to print with the R800?
Can anyone assist?
Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Does not belong in "Switcher Hangout". Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.

Are you selecting the driver you downloaded from Epson? Just to be sure, let's go over the procedure:

System Preferences, Print & Fax. Highlight your printer on the left. Click on "Options & Supplies". Click on the "Driver" tab. Now, click the down arrow and scroll to the Epson driver you downloaded and select it.

OK you're way out, and restart. The driver you selected for the Epson should now be the default. Test it to make sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.