New iMac i7: a proud owner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", 2.93 GHz i7, 4GB ram, ATI Radeon 5750 1GB, 1TB HDD
Hello!

I recently bought my first iMac which I have looked at since 2009. I fell in love with it after trying it out in a store and I knew that I had to get one of those. But I decided to wait a while until the next upgrade.

You have no idea how many times I checked apple.com for updates, all that because I wanted it so much!

So when I was abroad with my family this summer, I visited apple from my notebook and saw the new iMac!! I really thought that it wouldn't be refreshed until November, so it came as a good surprise :)

When we returned home, I ordered my iMac with the following specs:

Size: 27"
CPU: Intel i7
GPU: ATI 5750 1 GB
HDD: 1 TB

And after 1,5 weeks of waiting for it to come, I probably checked the "tracking page" a million times....

Meanwhile, I was reading on how often people don't recieve their products in time with the shipping company that Apple uses in Europe. Often they deliver the shipment late, or don't bother to call you when they are outside your house with the package; and drive back to their stockroom instead.

So I thought to myself - it would be so nice if the delivery car would just STAND there when I arrive home on that day. And guess what? Their delivery times is between 07:00 - 17:00, and the MINUTE i was driving home, I see the delivery car!!! I mean after that happens you don't believe in coincidences anymore!

I was jumping with joy when I got it! :D

Anyways... I was reading on the common complaints on the new refresh of the iMac and at first I couldn't notice anyone of them, but then I started to hear the Seagate HDD work and a slight yellow tint at the bottom of the screen.

My initial reaction was that I considered sending it back.. But then I remembered all the people who had sent their iMacs back-and-forth 5 times and still had issues with it!! So I just thought that it's not worth it.

Right now, I even question how annoying that tint thingy could be? I mean, it dosen't bother me AT ALL. And I am usually the kind of guy that can point out small details. Editing in photoshop and various video programs works BRILLIANTLY for me!

Then the HDD noise. Yes it's there. But hey... I'm used to that from my PC :) So for me it's not a deal breaker whatsoever. I can understand that people who are used to quiet iMac's have something to complain about, but it dosen't bother me at all - and it's not that the HDD noise is loud anyways.

Watching 1080p HD movies on the GIANT 27" LED screen with IPS is absolutely amazing. Playing games is just as nice on it!

Overall, I have used my iMac for over 2 weeks now; and I am totally impressed by it's POWER and BEAUTY. I love OS X Snow Leopard! It's so intuitive and smart. Thank you Apple for creating such wonderful products!

Thanks for reading!
I am glad that my next PC, was a Mac ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.