XP Boot camp driver speed-bump

Reaction score
Hi

So I've managed to get xp pro installed with boot camp, and everything went totally fine. I booted into Windows and realized that my OSX disc is 8700 kilometers away =/

Is there a way to install the drivers that would normally come on the Snow Leopard disc without the Snow Leopard disc? I used the disk utility to restore a .dmg of Snow Leopard to a usb stick I had with me in hopes it would behave the same way, but XP would have nothing to do with that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's no way to download any of the Boot Camp updates without first having installed the original Boot Camp. Which means you need your DVD. If you're somewhere that Snow Leopard is sold, buy the upgrade copy. Here in the US it sells for $29. Without that, you can always try going to the hardware manufacturer's site and downloading the drivers direct. That will probably work OK for video and sound. But the Apple proprietary hardware drivers will be much more difficult to find.

OP
wysiwych
Reaction score
*grumbles*

Thanks for the info, I'm glad to hear the upgrade copy will work rather than buying a whole copy =p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.