• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iPods and Apple TV announced by Apple

Reaction score
Four. Count them. Four.

iOS devices.

Four.

And iOS is going to become a really popular mobile operating system. I can feel it.

Reaction score
What's the fourth? iPhone, iPod touch, iPad. The nano is not ios, nor is the appleTV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Funny, Yesterday I had decided I wanted a AppleTV.
And I knew today was the conference and was hopping they released an update to the AppleTV. WIN!!!

I'm buying it ASAP!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yay finally, a camera on the iPod Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
My main interest was the iPod Touch, and I am really satisfied! Only thing to make it better would be to have still and video camera on both cameras.

Reaction score
What's the fourth? iPhone, iPod touch, iPad. The nano is not ios, nor is the appleTV.

I didn't say iOS 4 was on the nano. But it does clearly use a version of iOS meant for the small screen.

Reaction score
I think Apple is having technical difficulties with getting iTunes 10 out. Steve did say today, but the website says "Soon" and iTunes says 9.2.1 is the current version.

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I think Apple is having technical difficulties with getting iTunes 10 out. Steve did say today, but the website says "Soon" and iTunes says 9.2.1 is the current version.

It's here now.

Reaction score
It's here now.

Mmmm that's not exactly what I was saying. I know it is available, however, Apple is pointing users to download iTunes 9, and after checking for updates, iTunes reports that 9.2.1 is the current version, and Software Updates says there are no updates available.

<See attached>

Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 8.39.45 PM.PNG

Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 8.40.49 PM.PNG

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 8.43.13 PM.PNG
    Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 8.43.13 PM.PNG
    309 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Am I missing something here?? I never got pointed to 9.2.1.

Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 9.53.06 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Am I missing something here?? I never got pointed to 9.2.1.

Well after checking back, it no longer says "Coming Soon".

But still if I check for iTunes update in iTunes, 9.2.1 is still the version. So maybe Apple is a being a bit slow here. I don't know.

Is it safe to download it from the website?

Software Update is still saying "No New Updates"
:Confused:

By the way, when is iOS 4.1 coming out? And what devices are supported this time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Well after checking back, it no longer says "Coming Soon".

But still if I check for iTunes update in iTunes, 9.2.1 is still the version. So maybe Apple is a being a bit slow here. I don't know.

Is it safe to download it from the website?

Software Update is still saying "No New Updates"
:Confused:

By the way, when is iOS 4.1 coming out? And what devices are supported this time?

Working fine for me. I assume that it came from the Apple site that is was OK. :)

4.1 is slated to be released next week, and should cover the same devices as the initial 4.x release did. 4.2 is the iPad version that is slated for November.

Reaction score
Working fine for me. I assume that it came from the Apple site that is was OK. :)

4.1 is slated to be released next week, and should cover the same devices as the initial 4.x release did. 4.2 is the iPad version that is slated for November.

I don't have to uninstall iTunes 9 or anything? The downloaded iTunes 10 will just update it?

I don't know why I'm suddenly asking this- maybe it's because if I did this on Windoze, I'd get screwed. Just making sure that nothing unwanted happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I don't have to uninstall iTunes 9 or anything? The downloaded iTunes 10 will just update it?

I don't know why I'm suddenly asking this- maybe it's because if I did this on Windoze, I'd get screwed. Just making sure that nothing unwanted happens.

Nope, it went right over the top and updated. Yes, you are on a Mac so no worries! :D Worked perfectly for me.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Do a timemachine backup and then update.

Reaction score
Do a timemachine backup and then update.

Time Machine is doing the "continuous back-up" option (updates every hour or something like that).

Software Update just came up and found the iTunes 10 update, while I was downloading the .dmg from Apple's website. Here goes.

EDIT:

iTunes 10 up and running. I guess I just needed to wait about 12 hours.

So, anybody wanna Ping me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

The nano most certainly is iOS. Perhaps not as fully fleshed out as its bigger brother and lacking an app store, but it most certainly is iOS. And if the Apple TV isn't running iOS, then what is it running?

Reaction score
The nano most certainly is iOS. Perhaps not as fully fleshed out as its bigger brother and lacking an app store, but it most certainly is iOS. And if the Apple TV isn't running iOS, then what is it running?

I still do not consider the new nano UI to be iOS. When something says it is "for iOS" whatever they are talking about will not work on the nano... Just because has the same visual style doesn't make it the same. when an update is released for iOS, I'm sure it won't apply to the nano. calling the nano iOS is like calling windows phone 7 windows 7, or calling a gameboy NES.

And the apple TV runs it's own software, similar to front row, but with more features this time around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.