• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Iphone4 version due at the end of Sept?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'd be surprised if they released a new one this early. Even a hardware redesign by June 2011 seems a bit tough. If they did, I believe it is unlikely they would ever acknowledge that it had anything to do whatsoever with Antennagate. The message would be that "You can't fault us for improving our customers' experiences by releasing advanced new hardware, which is part of the current development cycle and completely unrelated to the antenna issue". Well, something like that anyhow is my guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Agreed. I don't think you'll see an iPhone hardware update for at least a year, and even then in will likely only be minor and/or include a hard drive size update. Apple is pretty good about sticking to their hardware update schedules.

Frankly, I've not seen the antenna issue on my Phone 4, but I put it in a case the second I took it ut of the box. Don't think for a min Apple would give everyone a new phone, just not gonna happen and I don't really blame them. Even if Apple does fix whatever the issue is, I'm willing to bet it won't be announced as an update and will just get pushed into the pipeline as the standard iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Won't happen.

Reaction score
I've been reading a few little articles recently about a possible new version at the end of the month. Seeing as I took delivery of my iPhone 4 2 weeks ago (after spending £599 on it) I'd be pretty upset if a new version came out...

C

chas_m

The above message is exactly WHY it won't happen. Multiply etr by millions and imagine what a PR disaster that would be.

Besides, this rumour conveniently omits the fact that 97% of iPhone 4 owners appear to be very happy with the product.

This story, mark my words, is the work of someone hoping to manipulate the stock.

Reaction score
@chas_m: that's a really good point. I didn't think of it like that - everyone would go wild! :)

To be fair, I am pretty happy with my iPhone 4. Just once it's somehow gone onto mute and opened facebook whilst I was on the phone but I've not had any problems with general signal. My only problem was the other day... I opened the camera and it crashed the phone. I tried again and the video camera shutter was constantly closed. I switched to the camera and the focus went crazy, the screen locked up and it crashed again. This happened a few times and I tried everything with settings/restoring etc. I eventually called Apple and they said it was a hardware problem and I should get a replacement. About 10 minutes after the call I rebooted again and it's been working since (a good few days). If I lived near an Apple store I'd get it replaced but as I live in Cologne and there are only 3 Apple Stores in the whole of Germany I can't justify travelling 100 miles... hmmm. I guess I'll see if it happens again. Really though, for £599 I shouldn't have to deal with any of these problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
agreed.... very very unlikely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.