problem with my mouse

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a problem with my mouse the other day, which I posted here. I have since received a solution to it, but there are still remnants of the problem that are bugging me.

It has something to do with Expose. My mouse makes a clicking sound. It's almost as though it's super sensitive to the slightest squeezes. I don't INTENTIONALLY do anything to my mouse to bring it on, so it must be a reaction to very subtle movements of my finger or hand.

Anyway, the current problem I'm having is that it's interfering with my work. For example, I had some text highlighted the other day, and then the mouse started doing its clicking thing, and all of a sudden I have a whole different area of text highlighted. It's as if whatever I'm doing to cause the clicking sound is functioning like I pressed the mouse button.

Is there any way to stop the mouse from making that clicking sound or whatever it's doing that the clicking sound is a symptom of? I looked in Expose and couldn't find anything that might relate to that. Any help would be much appreciated.

C

chas_m

As I mentioned to you in your other thread; you have your mouse set to react to squeezing the sides. You can disable this in the mouse preferences. I suggest you do so.

PS. You may also have your scroll wheel (if you have one) set to "click" as well. If that is the case, disable that also.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks chas,

I'm not sure if I solved the problem. I went into Keyboard & Mouse in System Preferences and changed the side buttons to 'off'. This didn't stop the clicking sound, but so far I haven't experienced it interfering in my work. I'll have to work with it a while before I can be sure.

If you have any further suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.