Decisions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac i3, 4gb,
Hey guys and gals. New to the Mac world (almost). I'm looking at getting an iMac to replace my old HP Desktop. Now my question to you is: is the upgraded 21.5 worth the extra money or could I save some $$$ and do without things I really don't need anyway? We mainly use this computer for daily stuff like surfing the web, some Excel and Powerpoint work, some photo stuff and my boys like to play Flight Simulator and Roller Coaster Tycoon Games. So would I be ok with the 4670 graphics card and the 500G HD. Or would it be worth the extra $$$$ to get the upgraded version?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Both variations of the iMac 21.5" machines are a great value which I'm sure you and your family will enjoy - especially coming over from the Windows side of things.

If you think you'll be using the machine for graphic intensive applications either on the OS X side or if you install Windows, then I recommend the better graphics option. Future applications and games will require more horsepower with regard to graphics so it's always great to be ready. (Future protection.)

BTW, MS Flight Simulator works fine even on a machine with integrated graphics.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac i3, 4gb,
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'll go as big as the accountant will allow... ;D
I'll update when I've made the jump. Should be soon 'cause I want to take advantage of the free Ipod. (Christmas for my youngest)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.