Best Printer for a Mac Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Max Pro, OS X, 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Hello to one and all.

My old Epson Stylus R220 has died, and I need a new printer. I'm relatively new to the mac scene, my epson software didn't work very well on the mac, and from what I've read there are a lot of problems printing from a mac system.
I'm hoping that many of you have solved the problem and are happily printing to your hearts content on your mac, with not problems.

I am short of space at the moment and would prefer to print wirelessly.
So I'm looking for advice on the best printer to buy for my mac pro, with airport.

Thank you for reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I've used both Canon and HP network all-in-ones and the printer/scanner/fax drivers from both companies have worked well on both my PCs and Macs. It just comes down to features you want.

I've personally used a c7280 HP and a Canon mx860. The HP had better print quality but it was more expensive. It was also faster - but the printer ended up going out - and the paper was always getting jammed so I went back to Canon. Canon is what I used since the 90's.

Both were easy to attach to the wireless network but I ended up hard wiring in both printers just because it was easy for me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Max Pro, OS X, 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Thanks Ivan, thought it was going to be straight forward getting a new printer until I read some old posts. Perhaps the compatibility problems have been resolved now. Guess I'll just take pot luck and hope for the best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.