Mac and iPod EAN number

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a Macbook Pro and iPod Touch (arrived today, yay) as part of the "Back to School" offer.
I need to submit a rebate in order to get money back off the iPod, but on the online rebate form, you need to submit the EAN numbers of the mac and iPod.
Where can I find this?

On the boxes I see serial numbers, part numbers and 3 different barcodes... help!

OP
A
Reaction score
This is copied from the rebate form, do they expect me to cut AROUND the label on the box? or just copy it down on a piece of paper

Your submission must contain four items to be valid:

The completed claim form (this sheet)

Your Mac EAN Label
Include the EAN bar code label from the Mac box, including the part number, serial number, product description, and bar code.

Your iPod EAN Label
Include the EAN bar code label from the iPod box, including the part number, serial number, product description, and bar code.

Your sales receipt
Submit proof of purchase consisting of the original itemised, dated sales receipt(s) showing all products purchased; the selling entity's name and address; the serial numbers of the qualifying products; and the prices paid for the qualifying products. Handwritten receipts will not be accepted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' 2010 MacBook Pro - i7 - 2.66 GHz - 500 GB - HD Glossy Screen
When I sent mine in,

I peeled it off the box, sent in the UPC of the Mac, iPod, and an original copy of the receipt ( Provided by the store ), a voided cheque ( If you want a direct deposit into your bank ), and the form with all my info filled out.

The UPC/EAN is the sticker on the side of the box the Mac comes in, it will give a serial#, barcode, and info about the Laptop/iMac, pictured here

http://www.intehxicate.com/images/macbook_pro_box.jpg

They do require the original UPC/EAN from what I understand.

Just make a copy of everything before you send it off and you'll be good, it'll take around 9 - 10 days for the money to come into the account.

Hope that helps.

OP
A
Reaction score
theres no way to get at the EAN label without cutting the box? my friend says to keep the box and everything so that I can use it to sell off my macbook pro if i wanted to

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' 2010 MacBook Pro - i7 - 2.66 GHz - 500 GB - HD Glossy Screen
Well if you're really careful, you can just peel it off.

Mine peeled right off, pic attached.

IMG00053-20100824-1331.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.