Can't Change icon, need help

M

mojo17

I am trying to change the Mac HD icon and have some odd behavior. I do Get Info on the icon I want to use. I then got Edit, but copy is grayed out and I can't select it. I am the only user on the machine and have read and write access to the icon. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
mojo17 said:
I am trying to change the Mac HD icon and have some odd behavior. I do Get Info on the icon I want to use. I then got Edit, but copy is grayed out and I can't select it. I am the only user on the machine and have read and write access to the icon. Any ideas?
You dont have to get info on the icon you are goung to use just ctrl click the icon and copy it, then ctrl click your desktop HD icon, go to get info. Click on the small icon on the top of the info window so it is highlighted then edit and copy That should do it.

Reaction score
I was thinking of changing my icons using this method but is there a way to restore the original icons at a later time? Are they stored in a directory somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
If you are using candybar there is a "reset to default" option that will let you bring everything back. Don't know as far as the copy and paste method.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
if using the copy and paste method i think that its just a cut you need to do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.