An innocent question from a designer in training....

Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to look at my thread!

I just had a silly little question about Adobe CS5. More specifically, the difference between CS5 premium, CS5 master collection, and CS5 regular (original?).

I was told by my school (Art institute of Boston at Lesley Uni, if you're interested!) to get CS5 premium.... But I was wondering if there was even much of a difference..... like if I didn't get premium and I was in the middle of class, told by my professor to perform this certain action and BAM I don't have that feature because I didn't get premium..... well then my poor GPA will probably suffer.

Anyways, any sort of help or advice is much appreciated, and thank you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Welcome to M-F :)

CS5 is the whole software platform that Adobe makes,
They have Design Standard/Premium CS5, Web Premium CS5, and Production Premium CS5 editions.
To see what each package offers, and to compare editions I find the chart at wikipedia the best.
Adobe Creative Suite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
S
Reaction score
Welcome to M-F :)

CS5 is the whole software platform that Adobe makes,
They have Design Standard/Premium CS5, Web Premium CS5, and Production Premium CS5 editions.
To see what each package offers, and to compare editions I find the chart at wikipedia the best.
Adobe Creative Suite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow that helped a lot!!! I'm currently a few moments away from putting in my order for the master collection hehe. Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Don't you get software from your university? Why not just use whatever your professor provides? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Wow that helped a lot!!! I'm currently a few moments away from putting in my order for the master collection hehe. Thanks so much!
Order one for me too ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 - 2005

How are you enjoying your CS5? I noticed your in school for design and was wondering if you had tried out Adobe CS Review yet? It's a great new feature of the Adobe CS5 package and can definitely be helpful for peer reviews. If you're looking for feedback on your work, one feature that's really helpful is the comment-in-context feature which lets you view comments within the context of your Photoshop image, InDesign page layout, or Illustrator drawing. If you're interested, you can read more about it here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.