Messenger

Reaction score
I propably be wrong to post this topic here but I won't be able to find the Mac Software topics.., anyway:

Is it possible to run multiple MSN accounts??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Yes.. You can download MSN for mac. MS doesn't seem to put importance to it and therefore they don't update it as they do with the PC version as well as it doesn't support webcam... You could also look for Adium (which is open source and has a number of addon/plugins) and supports many different chat platforms not just MSN (sadly not webcam yet). There are others that support webcam but I didn't find them too stable.

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
and you are in the right place :) Also if you look at the bottom of this page, there is a window with other similar questions...

OP
P
Reaction score
Well thanks for the quick and useful answer, but that's not what i'm looking for.
I mean if I have 2 MSN accounts, can I run them both?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why not just try it? Instead of asking? It's not like anything bad is going to happen if you do try.

Report back to us, as I would like to know if it works or not.

OP
P
Reaction score
Why not just try it? Instead of asking? It's not like anything bad is going to happen if you do try.

Report back to us, as I would like to know if it works or not.
I already did, but I try to open it twice it open just the first one.
Is there a script/mod/patch or whatever to make 2 msn accounts working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
What you need to do is download MSN Messenger, then extract the .app to different locations, for example, one in Applications, and one in Applications/MSN.

Since it's technically two different "installs," it should let you run multiple instances.

Otherwise, Adium supports multiple accounts under the same client. I believe aMSN and Mercury Messenger do this as well.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What you need to do is download MSN Messenger, then extract the .app to different locations, for example, one in Applications, and one in Applications/MSN.

Since it's technically two different "installs," it should let you run multiple instances.

Otherwise, Adium supports multiple accounts under the same client. I believe aMSN and Mercury Messenger do this as well.

That seems like a hassle though. If anything I would just use Adium. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
As much as I agree, I like to be flexible and have options.. Some chat apps don't have features like others do, that's all :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Dudes, it didn't worked.
I tried to but it said; MSN Is already opened yet.
any other options?

OP
P
Reaction score
It's not Adium, I used Msn twice on a different place, but that didn't worked.
If I'm using Adium the emoticons don't work at all :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.