Memory size error in Parallels

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just installed Parallels 5.0 with a 2 wk free trial activation key. I installed Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit version without difficulty and things run smoothly. However, in the control panel under "RAM", I noticed that Windows only acknowledges that I have 1GB RAM when in fact I have 4GB RAM?!! Is this a configuration issue and if so, how do I go about getting Windows to recognize that I have 4 GB RAM and not just 1 GB?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Umm are you having any problems in running Windows and its programs ?? Are you experiencing lag/slowness and the like?? If not i wouldnt worry about it as it might be a system problem not acknowledging it. But if there arnt any problems the system could be well running the 4GB ?? Question is if there isnt a problem do you really need Windows to acknowledge it ??

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi everyone!
I just installed Parallels 5.0 with a 2 wk free trial activation key. I installed Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit version without difficulty and things run smoothly. However, in the control panel under "RAM", I noticed that Windows only acknowledges that I have 1GB RAM when in fact I have 4GB RAM?!! Is this a configuration issue and if so, how do I go about getting Windows to recognize that I have 4 GB RAM and not just 1 GB? Thanks in advance!

Remember, Parallels is running Vista in a Virtual Machine not natively. The amount of memory that can be allocated to the Vista VM is controlled by you in the initial setting and setup when you first create the VM. Please refer to the Parallels instructions and help to learn how to increase the memory for your Vista VM.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.