itunes track labeling

Reaction score
I want a way to label artists, albums, and tracks in itunes with some sort of indicator (color labeling would be optimal;like high-lighting or the OSX folder color labeling), so I can remember what artists/ albums/songs are important/good. I would use the ratings feature, except that you can't rate albums and artists independently of tracks. I want the indicator to appear in some form on my ipod too, if that's possible. Even a symbol or something weird like that might work, but I hate to mess with the proper track artist/labels. any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
Hi the-alpal.

In response the actual question, no you can't add colours or similar to iTunes's tracks, etc.

However you really can use the rating feature separately for tracks and albums eg: Screen shot 2010-08-19 at 07.56.43.PNG (it's a wide screenshot, the window scrolls). Set your display to list view with the album art enabled.

If you see a hollow star it means that iTunes is guessing the rating based upon averages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13-Inch, 2GB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, Intel Core 2 Duo, Snow Leopard
That would be great. But it is not possible yet. The closest thing to what you wan't is rating.

C

chas_m

Ketan:

I hate to be brusque, but that sig is a) so 90s and b) annoying. Might you consider something that imparts info about YOU instead of telling me stuff about ME I *already know*?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13-Inch, 2GB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, Intel Core 2 Duo, Snow Leopard
Tuffluck. My sig is my choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.