Paralleles Desktop, Boot Camp and Windows XP

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am a new mac user and I need windows because there is a program I really need that is not compatible yet with mac.

I installed Windows XP in another partition with Boot Camp and now I would like also to set a virtual machine with Parallels Desktop in order to do not install twice windows and be able to use all my programs with more flexibility.

I installed parallels, created a new VM, but when I click on it to get started it starts to install components and cofigure everything but every time it gets stuck and does not finish the proces. I left the computer running all night with no progress. every time I tried I had to force the computer to quit the installatio or turn off the computer to stop it.

any advice? what can I do?

Thnaks a lot for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you installed Parallels and selected to create a new VM, you should have seen the option to use your current installation of Windows XP. Did you select that? Unless you want a completely new VM separate from your Boot Camp installation, use that option.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.