apple is way over priced
do u think i should go with linux
and another company
i need some help
thanx

OP
K

Kokopelli

Perhaps it would help if we knew what you were trying to do with your web server and what level of experience you have in IT aqnd networking. Further your price range would help.

Linux is not a bad choice but does require a bit more experience and time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
hmm, a web server?

I would recommend IBM pSeries P5 595, 64-Way 1.90Ghz. Not only will that have more than enough capacity for a web server, but it doubles as a great heater for the house :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
my dad has a g5 xserver for his website but i agree they are way over priced

Reaction score
RGertner said:
hmm, a web server?

I would recommend IBM pSeries P5 595, 64-Way 1.90Ghz. Not only will that have more than enough capacity for a web server, but it doubles as a great heater for the house :)
OMG lol thats hilarious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
OK, all kidding asside. Wouldn't it be the cheapest to just get 2 - 5 XBox's off of eBay, run Linux on them, and cluster them together? There are ton's of information on the web of people doing things like this with xBox's.

But if this isn't for home use and more of a business oriented system, I would seriously look into an IBM pSeries P5 510. It is also an expensive system, starting at about $4500, but remember, you get what you pay for.

Thanks,
Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.