• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Can someone answer my question re: Iweb updated version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook os x
I am new and do not know even how/where to post questions correctly... so please bare with me. I got my macbook in 2008 and use Iweb from that year. My sister just got a macbook pro. Can i download the newer version of IWeb from her disc that came with her macbook pro to my computer? Is there a way that I can only download IWeb only--- & receive the newer version of it? thank you

C

chas_m

No and no, respectively.

The former idea a) won't work and b) is illegal.

The latter idea isn't possible either. You need to buy the full iLife 09 suite (which, come on, is only $79! For the entire thing!). This would be a good idea anyway, as iWeb alone is easily worth the money.

You might want to hold off a week or two, however -- there's a rumour that iLife '11 is to be announced soon. It will be the same price, most likely.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook os x
thank you so much! i guess my question worked. hard to believe that i didn't even know how to do this, huh? thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.