Question regarding privacy

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not very educated when it comes to technical stuff so hopefully somebody here can answer my question.

At my current place of employment all workstations are tied into a PC network on a server. Occasionally, I bring my macbook into work and log into the network via airport (they gave me the password). Can they see my internet activity? I know that on the PC network they can see every page you've gone to online. Not sure if logging in via airport from my macbook will give them the same access as being tied to the network via a server.

Anybody know?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yes..you are just using the wireless to access the Internet as opposed to being hard linked to the network..either way, you are going through a point which is going to be monitored..

It doesn't matter if you use a Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android phone or any other device..if they are monitoring the traffic already, they will be able to see regardless of the device..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.