Can I have several open pages w/o clik'g on Expose?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/10: Purchased an iMac 21.5" 3.06 GZ, 500 MB, 4 GB
When browsing in Safari, I'd like to quickly "bounce back and forth" bet. several webpages, say. Yet, when I type in an addy in the url, the new location will often "replace" the previous page I was on with the most current one. Using the back arrow or swipe doesn't always rtn. me to where I was previously. I don't always want to use Expose. How can I keep open those pages I was on so they are just "stacked" one on top of another? (Maybe I want to go back there 1/2 hr. later but it's not there.) I know that sometimes I WILL have some stacked pages but many & most times I don't seem to.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
How about using the tabs feature on pretty much every browser today instead of opening separate windows and/or open a new tab to go to that new address instead of opening it in the current tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
When browsing in Safari, I'd like to quickly "bounce back and forth" bet. several webpages, say. Yet, when I type in an addy in the url, the new location will often "replace" the previous page I was on with the most current one.

Wait. Doesn't it always do that? If not, you've got bigger problems!

But yeah, learn about Tabs.

I like to keep separate Safari windows for related pages, using tabs in each window for multiple pages from the same site, or of the same type, such as e-mail accounts for example, and another for checking up on my team (whatever season it is) etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
As mentioned using tabs is what you want to do. Just about every web browser nowadays has it. You can get a new window tab in the file menu or press the keyboard shortcut Command T.

When you want to go back and forth between your opened tabs then press Shift Command [ or Shift Command ] to move to the left or right tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.