New Mac- How do you print pictures

Reaction score
Got a new MBP and love it. How do you guys typically print your pictures other than with your own printer? Do you just download to Cd, Flash drive, etc and take to store or do you upload online in order to pick up at store. Thx

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Depends on the quality of your printer, no?

We've been using the Walmart print services, fairly cheap and usually available within an hour or so..we upload the pictures directly to the site and pick it up later..

Have used the CVS service as well using a memory card and their kiosk. The Walmart method just seems easier..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
We have a nice pixma photo printer we use for some stuff. If we have an absolute crapload of pics, though, we'll just upload to walmart or CVS/walgreens and go pick them up, later.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We have an online account with Walgreens. You can upload your photos 24/7 and have them printed the next or even the same business day. We have our choice of using whichever Walgreens store is closest. Several of the local stores are open 24 hrs. The nice thing about an online account is that you can also store your photos on line. (limited storage) No charge for the account.

Regards.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Apple has a print service but it's for books though I believe. Linky here. It's neat if you want to make a book or something other than just photos.

There is always...target or Cosco for making prints. >_>?

C

chas_m

I generally either upload via Costco's web site, or go in with a thumb drive for them.

Reaction score
I usually just use the camera's CF card, or put them on a flashdrive to take to the store.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I print out so few quality pictures, I just use my Canon Pixma with Canon photo paper. Looks excellent.

If I did more printing of my pics I take, I would probably do what others in this thread do and either upload to Walgreens or take into Walgreens on a memory stick/Flash Drive.

Reaction score
I normally use Walgreens. I upload my edited photos to their website and have them printed at my local store. For friends and relatives I have had them mail the photos. This is very convenient but costs a little bit more.

I would guess that lots of retailers have similar services. There are also internet businesses that specialize in printing photos and mailing them to you. There are a lot of things you can do beyond just getting 4x6 prints, such as large prints, odd shaped prints, matted prints, prints on tshirts and coffee mugs, even bound books assembled from your prints.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.