SKY email on MAC

Reaction score
I have now spent 3 hours and endless phone calls to SKY trying to set up my new sky email address on my Imac mail.

I open Mail on Mac and go through the 'Add Account' i enter email password but no joy.
i have tried setting it up using IMAP and POP still no joy.
I have browsed the internet and followed loads of settings and different ports but just cant get it to work.
On my sky account when i go into there online email i have followed there instructions trying 'Enable POP' and Enable IMAP settings but still wont allow me.

Please Please can someone help, SKY have given me a new email address , i just want to set my Mail on the mac to receive emails from this SKY address.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Have you set up your SMTP correctly. I use BT as my ISP. My incoming mail uses the POP address but my outgoing mail uses an SMTP address. If Sky uses an SMTP for outgoing mail, make sure you have got it set up correctly or you will never get anywhere. HTH.

OP
W
Reaction score
I have tried both sets of instructions you guys have given me but still no joy, I have gone down a different root now, I have simply set up a forwarding address, This is not the ideal but i guess it works, Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
Sorry to hear that. I hope the other account works fine for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.