• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Blackberry Storm (unlocked for ATT) Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
OK, so I successfully unlocked my storm 2 (9550) for my ATT service but I dont have all the functions (like MMS and internet). I have been researching all day long on how to do this, but all the help I get is PC compatible only (through crackberry.com and other sites like that). Does anyone here know how to help me with getting around this or do I need to use a PC to fully unlock my phone?

I have the ATT service book, but I can't do any of the steps to make all the features work because of PC compatibility issues.

Thanks for reading and hope to get this resolved ASAP.

Leland

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
How are you using a CDMA phone on a GSM service?!

I have the Storm 1, btw, so I'll see what I can find out.

OP
LelandJLK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
Again, that setup if for Windows (desktop manager). And the first step didnt work (when I did the 4?2?) nothing came up. Getting very frustrated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
The Storm's are world phones. They have SIM cards preinstalled. When one unlocks the phone they can then use a GSM SIM card from another carrier and use the phone on their service. Problem is service books.

Almost every time I've had to do something with my blackberry i had to use bootcamp. I'm not sure if there is another way :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
The Storm's are world phones. They have SIM cards preinstalled. When one unlocks the phone they can then use a GSM SIM card from another carrier and use the phone on their service. Problem is service books.

Almost every time I've had to do something with my blackberry i had to use bootcamp. I'm not sure if there is another way :[

Back when I used a BB I always had to revert back to windows, I don't think RIM or any other company makes and software for Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.