• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

want to burn DVD but im kindergarten to the mac world...help

Reaction score
I've always had a PC and recently switched to Mac right before i deployed so the only software i have is what already came on the computer.
I want to burn my movies to DVD but they are all in AVI format. Now im computer illiterate so when i read the already posted forums i was completely lost, can someone break it down kindergarten style for my behind the times self.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
I'm a little cautious about answering this one, because AVI movie files tend to come from questionable sources...

iDVD comes with a new Mac, it is a software for creating DVDs:
How to Create a DVD Using iDvd | eHow.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.