inserting disk and nothing happenss :( ???

Reaction score
ive recently installed internet in my new apt and installed a wireless router,..it says to insert the disk and use the documentation folder located in \docs\ folder. when i insert the disk, it doesnt appear in the finder nor does an autoplay of it. the disk is a quick router setup wizzard to create user name and password so nobodys steals my wirelesss.
any comments, suggestions or ideas on how to see the disk in the finder or to setup the wireless password and username via mac will be very help ful.
the router is a D-link N150.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure the disk and associated program to setup the router is designed to work in OS X? Sounds like you're trying to use a Windows disk.

Let me see if I can find setup instructions for your DLink N150 and I'll get back to you in this same thread.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was unable to find a downloadable manual for your DLink 601 N150, however, you should have received a manual with the router. Look in the manual for instructions on how to set it up using an ethernet cable attached from the router to your Mac. It should tell you how to access the router's menu and how to enter settings for encryption.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
it says in the box it works for lynux/Mac, it says to run a folder named docs in documentation which y found in the disk but theres inly a manual pdf and i read the whole manual and it said absolutely nithign about mac instalaiton ,...still tryingg to hook up a password thouu,, any help ???

C

chas_m

The reason it said nothing about Mac installation is ... there's nothing to install.

Just follow the directions for configuring the router through your web browser as though it was a PC.

Once you're online, write them a note complaining that they omitted clear Mac directions and screenshots.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.