What should i get?

Reaction score
if you had about $2500 US to spend, for video editing, (with final cut studio) on a mac what would you get? not including the cost of final cut.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I voted powerbook because you can use it and be mobile, but if you had a screen I would of voted Powermac, for the final cut studio, but I run it on the powerbook and it runs prety well with a gig and half of ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
same PB sounds like all you need and more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
go with your heart <3
if that doesnt work, flip a coin.

I

ichoosedeath

I agree, the PB would be the best of both worlds.. Maybe not as much HorsePower as a PM G5, but I think that with enough RAM it will run like a champ.. Down the road you could hook up an external monitor for the extra "Desktop Space."

Also, you may wanna change it from a iBook 15" to a 14".. :)

OP
E
Reaction score
thanks, but keep it comming

thanks, but keep it comming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Get a PB 15" with the 128MB Dual link upgrade. I love mine! I would also add another 1GB RAM. Just dont order it from Apple! Newegg.com is THE place for RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Ibook g4 14"superdrive for portability
Powermac G5 for processing power

S

speedydave

Ditto swanny.. you're biased though, dude! :p

I've got a PowerBook now, and if/when I go ahead and get a Mac desktop (its that or rebuild my Wintel box *shudder*..so much would go to waste if I didn't), there are only two options I'd consider: iMac 2.0 20" (mmm, screen space) or a dual 2.0/2.3 PowerMac. My PB is serving me well right now, but I still find myself doing my major editing on my desktop, which annoys me, because it's not running OSX. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
I voted Powermac, only b/c I have a 20" iMac with 1 GB RAM and when I was rendering movies to iDVD, I basically had to walk away for a few hours and let it do it's thing. I would think that and extra power would be welcomed. I also cannot say if this is typical performance across the board for PM/PM/iMac/Mac Mini and even WinTel's as this was the first time I had done anything like that (create a DVD).

If it's normal, then I might get a 20" iMac with 1 or 2 GB of RAM if is space is an issue.

Thanks,
Ray

U

UncSki1218

i voted imac over powerbook. the larger display will definetly be great with video editing. also i think that most people who edit with final cut pro don't need portability. if you're that serious about movies then i doubt you'll want to edit on a bumpy car ride. (concentration is essential) the 17" imac 2.0 gives you a large screen, and great power. Plus with 2500 you could upgrade it to make it even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
uh, i don't think thay make 15" Ibooks as the poll shows :)

Reaction score
I say 15 in PB, why? Because I'm typing this outside under a tree.hehe

G

gfk9000

Mobility is key! Imagine shooting a short film on locastion and editing it on location as well. This is why I bought my Powerbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.