Can I See Your Crumpler?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Hey all,

I am thinking about picking up a new photobag for the go. I was looking at the crumpler line since they seem more up my ally as far as portability goes. I was looking at the 4million dollar home and the other million dollar home line.

I cannot tell the actual size. I have been looking on flickr a bit but it's hard to tell because some people don't tag very well...

So I was wondering if you guys would be so kind to throw up some images of your Crumpler setups? I'd love to see how some of you have the 4/5/3 million dollar home setup.

I was also looking at the lowepro adventura 170 - but I kind of like the looks of the crumpler more.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
How much gear do you have? I have the older 7mdh and can fit a gripped camera, 3-4 lenses, a flash, radio remotes, and other junk in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
7mdh with Canon 40D, 70-200 f/4 IS is the visible lens. The camera fits fine with the bulky 17-55mm IS lens. The other three spaces in there can fit lenses or "stuff." Sorry about the foot, lol.

bag1718.jpg

bag1720.jpg

They are very well-made bags, and I like that they aren't overt camera bags as much as say a Lowepro. In an airport it could be a carry-on stuffed with underwear and a toothbrush.

It holds enough stuff that sometimes I wish I had gone with a backpack-style bag. ;)

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They are very well-made bags, and I like that they aren't overt camera bags as much as say a Lowepro. In an airport it could be a carry-on stuffed with underwear and a toothbrush.

I definitely feel the same way. That's kind of why I am leaning more toward the crumpler. I don't want it to be as obvious that I have some expensive camera with me. "hey look at my camerabag and dslr!!" - I had a d70 stolen a few years ago because I was using an old camera bag. Granted I was a dummy and left the camera in the car while I went inside real quick, came back and it was gone along with the car window and a few other things.

How much gear do you have? I have the older 7mdh and can fit a gripped camera, 3-4 lenses, a flash, radio remotes, and other junk in there.

I plan on carrying my D90 with a 50mm prime and possibly another lens - not sure which right now maybe a small zoom or tele, or fishy. Might also carry the SB-600 and maybe a bounce / softscreen. Just a few ods and ins for daily carry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
LMGTFY.

crumpler 5 million dollar home - Google Search

5 looks like it'll work with a lens on camera, one in the bag, the sb600, and smaller cables and cards. If your kit expands though, you've already grown out of the bag. A 6mdh may be a better option if you plan on having more photography equipment that you do at any point in your life. I think it would suck to buy a bag and grow out of it with one purchase.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I guess it's just me, but the title of this thread, "Can I see your Crumpler?", makes me think of an ongoing skit on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in back in the 60s&70s.
In it Arte Johnson accosts Ruth Buzzi with the leering question, "Wanna Walnetto?"

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ Village Idiot

Most definitely hear where you're coming from. I have a little bit of gear but I just figured it'd be nice to have some essentials for daily carry around when I'm out and about in the city. I'm leaning toward the 5 mil, the 4 mil is still pretty tempting too.

-------

While asking for photo's of everyone's crumplers, I was just looking to see how everyone uses theirs so I could get an idea. I have been looking through flickr and even found a crumpler group!

Haha!

Reaction score
Pics on Crumpler website...

have been updated, here's a link to the Aussie website.
The configurations shown are with the bag packed "comfortably", not "stuffed" and this also applies to our older flash based website photos.

crumpler.com/AU/Camera-Bags/Camera-Bags/5-Million-Dollar-Home.html?SKU=MD0506A

I hope that helps...

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah that helped tremendously! While I love the quirkyness of the American flash site. I kind of dig the Australian one a little bit more.

I think I will probably be getting myself the 4 or 5 million dollar home. They both look like they will suit my need. I like the size of the 4, but it does seem like the 5 will house a poo-ton more gear. I don't plan to carry a bunch of gear.

We'll see. I appreciate the feedback!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.