• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New London Apple store is world's biggest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Actually, size doesn't matter. I have been in small Apple outlets, and in a couple huge stores. With PC shops, a little storefront shop may have a few MBs and cables and the like, and a place like Fries may have 50 MBs and row after row of everything on the market. But an Apple store has the same stuff, no matter the size.

Instead of going to a very large Apple outlet 200 miles away, I just hit the closest one at half that distance. They have the same stuff, just not as much of it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually size does matter. The larger Apple stores here in the US have more personnel (geniuses) on hand to handle customer repairs and service. Also, the larger stores tend to have a much wider variety of third party hardware and software applicable to the Mac platform.

While Fry's is certainly a super store, I rarely if ever buy anything Mac related from them. But it's a great place to shop if you need electronics parts or tools.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Covent Garden is such an awesome area. I loved staying there when I visited London.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I'm going up to London a couple of times soon and plan to swing by this new store. Must resist temptation to buy stuff though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Cool, now the Regent Street store will be less packed ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Cool, now the Regent Street store will be less packed ;)

You wish. ;D I haven't been to an Apple store yet that wasn't crowded, large or small.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Covent Garden is such an awesome area. I loved staying there when I visited London.

+1 for that. Such a nice place, but being a antipodean Earls Court was always a no brainer for me ;)

I'm going up to London a couple of times soon and plan to swing by this new store. Must resist temptation to buy stuff though!

Nah dont resist Kev ....... Jobs is sending out telepathic suggestions to you as we type lol
I bet you walk out with SOMETHING haha

Reaction score
I've not checked it out yet because I'm living in Cologne now but as somebody already said - size doesn't really matter. The best Apple Store I've ever been in was in Hamburg, Germany... it was much smaller than the one in Regent Street that I'm used to but it was so much quieter (which was great!) :)

This new one does look good in the pictures though!

Reaction score
They should make a larger Apple Store, Down Under....we have plently of space here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
They should make a larger Apple Store, Down Under....we have plently of space here.

Yes 90% of Australia is a desert oasis. We house our illegals immigrants in camps in the desert. Other countries pay us to dump their nuclear waste there. And NASA launches a few of it's rockets in our desert. So what's good enough for foreign governments and NASA and the illegals should be good for Apple too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
It certainly is huge, didn't realise how huge until I actually had to go right up the top to look for some iPad accessories! Lovely store though and loads of staff about which is very handy as it seems their other stores are not as heavily staffed but have lots of customers/visitors.

Reaction score
Never been there personally, but would love to experience the largest Apple store in the world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.