Graphics drivers

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a new 27" iMac with i7 and Radeon HD 5750 GFX card. I just used Bootcamp to get Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on so I can play my games that Mac OSX can't play. I have Windows all on, working and updating etc, but it won't detect the graphics card and when I try to look for drivers, I install some package that begins with C (I can't remember the name, I'm normally an nVidia guy, but the AMD/ATI site said its what I should be installing), but it doesn't do anything.

I have reason to believe that although Apple claim its a HD 5750, its actually a HD 5850 Mobility card (or something?), so again this has confused me with trying to find drivers.

I haven't put any sort of Mac drivers onto Windows but it sounds like something that I would have to do, so when I put in the Mac OSX CD there was nothing in there about Boot Camp apart from the fact the CD itself was called it.

Can anyone shed some light for me please? Is it a certain graphics driver for the Mac that I don't know about or is there more to this? Cheers

Reaction score
Make sure you're running BootCamp version 3.1. If not, download it here: Boot Camp Software Update 3.1 for Windows 64 bit It's a Windows executable, so run it within Windows.

Wasn't clear if you put the Mac OSX disk into your iMac while it was in Windows - you won't see any of the drivers if you look at it from within OSX. You should start there if you haven't tried that.

The video cards Apple uses in the new iMacs are (according to other posters) actually Mobility 5850 cards, as your surmised, so if the foregoing doesn't fix things for you, you should try to install the laptop versions. I have not tried this myself but if you search the forum there are a number of relevant threads where others have obtained the proper drivers.

Cheers

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I put the Mac OSX cd in while on Windows. The title of the CD was Bootcamp, but the only options on there was something to do with cd/dvd and also to install mac osx from windows (or something like that I think).

I haven't put any bootcamp stuff onto Windows so thanks for the link, will try that out.

OP
A
Reaction score
I was stupid enough to not look at the contents of the CD before dismissing the idea. Got it all up and running! Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.