iMac Warranty Records (?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
Some time back, while in process of learning, I inadvertently removed/deleted my warranty records which I saved in "on My Mac" folders of the email program. Can some here please tell how I can get those records back, who to contact, etc. Thanks in advance.

Pete (The Oldfella)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you're talking about warranty info related to your computer...don't worry about it...Apple keeps track of that info in their database via your computers serial number.

In other words if you sold your Macintosh to me (and it was still covered under warranty)...and I walked into an Apple Store with my "new" computer (your old computer) for a warranty issue...then I would get the benefits of the warranty by giving them the serial number (which they would probably visually verify).

Thus, whomever has the computer...gets the benefits of the warranty.

- Nick

C

chas_m

The only number you need is the serial number of your computer. Here's how to find it:

1. Under the Apple menu, select "About This Mac"

2. Point your mouse just under the words "Mac OS X" (where it says your version number) and click twice.

3. Copy down your serial number. You're done.

OP
oldfella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
Thanks, guys - much appreciated.

Pete (The Oldfella)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.