Problem connecting to internet

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro that runs on Leopard. I recently moved into a new apartment and share internet wirelessly with my neighbor. Things worked fine for a little but not i can connect to the network but not the internet. When I open wireless preferences it says "Airport has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet." I called my neighbor and he said that he changed the security on the network from a WPA2-personal to a WPA-Personal. However, airport knows already lists it as a wpa personal network. Still not working. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Moved to appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" C2D 8Gb, MBP I5, 2010 15" HD 4Gb, MacMini Server C2D, 4Gb Snow Leopard everywhere
In network settings, Airport, make sure that your IP address is attributed automatically (DHCP)

Your message makes me think you have a static ("self-assigned") address which might conflict and/or not be on the same range for the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.