• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Reaction score
Well everyone my names Darick, I am a long tim Linux user, I tend to use Windows for Video Edting (Avid Media Composer)

Well im looking into getting an old g3 or g4 and I want to set up Final Cut Pro 4 on it (i got it as a Tv Production Student some years ago) and Well I never bothered to install it, because render time was slow.

But seeing as I am now getting ready to go back to school for video editing I guess I might as well set up a system and get it ready. Altho I know there up to like FCP 7 now or something but something will be better then nothing ya know?

Anyhow I have been using macs since i was very young in school, so im familier with the general gui.

Anyhow im just posting this to introduce myself idk if its in the right spot.

A little more about me, My names Darick I live in Holiday/Tampa, Florida im 23, and I probably call alot fo users here from my work (Vista Services/Vista Marketing) offering $120 in gas Rebates for trying out 2 discount programs lol.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Whatta do you want...a big bear hug...or a sloppy wet kiss from a middle-aged old fart!;)

Welcome,

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome aboard!!

Only way I can think to "squeeze the Windows user out of you" is send you 100 Virus's and 1000 pieces of Malware and hope that drives you over the edge to the Mac side! :D Grin.

I have a close friend who loves to download illegal movies via torrent. Well the last one he got was a fake with a nasty Codec that gave his computer so many Virus's and Malware that no app could find them all. I had to manually fix it for him. Took days but the data was very important. No way to even copy anything as everything was locked. You could not even open any application to help find the darn malware! Got it all fixed for him and he lost nothing or his important files, but what a pain! :D

I won't send you any malware of course, but if you have any questions about Macs or OSX, ask away and I am sure someone will jump in and help you out.

OP
S
Reaction score
lol, I download alot of Movies myself, butI use Nod32 antivrus and its GREAT. So I dont really get viruses. And anything that I may be suspicious of, I download on my Linux Ubuntu Machine hahaha.

But that's still funny tho, But yea My computer is a very important that it doesnt get messed up lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.