New To Mac

Reaction score
Ok hello my name is Dakota im currently enrolled in Edinboro University of PA yes another college kid, and I have been using PC and Vista garbage for about 10 years now and sick of it.

Now Im getting a new laptop and have fell in love with the $1200 13.2 or 13.3 inch Macbook Pro with 250GB from Bestbuy and wondering if it's the right one for me?

I use my computer for all the normal facebook, internet siting, browsing, music, streaming video, pictures and as well im going to buy the Office for Mac because Im just used to word and do all my school work on it.

Just wondering if it sounds like a right choice Mac for me, thank you for all the responses ahead of time.

Im also an owner of a Ipod Touch and soon Iphone 4 so I know the ropes "kinda" with apple, but A Macbook Pro is my biggest step.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Welcome to M-F, do come as often as you like.

That Mac will do all that without a problem and lots more.
I had a 13" MB once, I loved its portability and it did everything I needed it to do.
The only reason I have a MBP now is that the old MB was already 3 years old and its shell was beginning to crack. (A problem that the Plastic MBs had)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Hi and welcome to the forums.

As McYukon has mentioned that MacBook Pro will work for your needs. If you have any other questions then feel free to ask.

OP
K
Reaction score
Ok guys great thanks, and just to let you know Im getting the MacBook Pro 13.3 or.2 inch not just a Macbook in case you guys missed that :p

C

chas_m

I saw that, I was just saying that based on what you described, even a MacBook is more than sufficient.

Enjoy the new MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The backlit keyboard is a feature that will come in handy in many low lit lectures, yet alone something that you will feel like you don't know how you lived without in any low lit situation, and the firewire and SD slot are great to have.
Happy Mac'n :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.