Is there a list of shortcuts for Macs?

Reaction score
I am learning slowly, the shortcuts, but was wondering if there is a list anywhere, or a place to go to find out more about using them.

I have been told about Command T for new tabs, love that one

I am looking specifically for the "end" of a sentence or paragraph.

I tried Command end, but that did not work.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks. Are there any commands for other tasks? I've googled it and come up with nothing

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanks. Are there any commands for other tasks? I've googled it and come up with nothing
Such as? Anything in particular?

OP
P
Reaction score
Yes, for instance, when I click command and page (down) it goes to the end of the page rather than scrolling. Just as it does when I click command and home or page up, it goes to the top of the page.

When I click command and end (of sentence) it goes nowhere

How can I command it to go to the end of the sentence?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Command + Right to go to the end, Command + Left to go to the beginning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
LOL ....I was one of those people who for ages didn't realise that the underlined words were links.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Say it ain't so 6string. I'm going to pretend that I didn't read what you just wrote. This means that your reputation on this forum is still intact. ;)

The one that gets me are the people who use the normal underline feature making me think they are links when they are not! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm glad this topic came up. I never really looked at all of the shortcuts before and found a neat one. Option CMD+T hides the sidebar in the finder. However, I just found out as well that once the sidebar is hidden, when you try to click into a folder, it opens another window instead of just going into that directory. So maybe not as useful as I had originally thought. :\

Still, a very handy list of shortcuts.

Doug

Edit: Ah, and now I understand why it opens new windows. When you close the sidebar, it also closes the toolbar, thus leaving you with no navigation arrows. Duh. But is there a shortcut for navigating backwards maybe ? I know that when using my MBP and trackpad, I can just use a swipe gesture and go backwards.

edit#2: I found a website which lists:
command+[ or command+]

Go back or forward in window view history
But that doesn't seem to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm glad this topic came up. I never really looked at all of the shortcuts before and found a neat one. Option CMD+T hides the sidebar in the finder. However, I just found out as well that once the sidebar is hidden, when you try to click into a folder, it opens another window instead of just going into that directory. So maybe not as useful as I had originally thought. :\

I just tried it, and it navigated without opening a new window, but this was in column view.
I then tried it in icon, list and coverflow view, and then it opened a new window. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The one that gets me are the people who use the normal underline feature making me think they are links when they are not! :D

It it's there, it's gonna get used. Should be a color difference to distinguish the two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It it's there, it's gonna get used. Should be a color difference to distinguisht the two.

If you see my post (#16), you will see that the link I gave is a little more bold, but without underlined text to compare it to, there would be no way to know, and even then, there is nothing to distinguish which is just underlined text and which is the link without hovering over it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.