Hard Drive iPhoto restore problem

Reaction score
I'm using a MacBook pro. Because of my rather large iPhoto library, I keep that on a peripheral Lacie Hard Drive....I do however include this library on Time Machine back ups on another peripheral HD. My Lacie Hard Drive is beginning to fail. My back ups are up to date. The problem is to use Time Machine to restore iPhoto to a new functioning peripheral hard drive, it seems I must have the old Lacie hard drive plugged in....the Lacie HD is not stable to last long enough to allow the restore to happen until it hangs up....The question is how to not have the old Lacie HD that is failing attached to my MacBook Pro but still be able to restore back up iPhoto library from Time Machine onto a new peripheral hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
D
Reaction score
It works

Thanks hughvan. I ordered the adaptor from Amazon. Arrived today and was a piece of cake to save the iPhoto library off the drive. I'm back in business.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.