Almost did this sooner...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Standard Macbook Pro 2009
For all you married people out there you may know what it's like to have to hear "I told you so" from your significant other. My most recent one (about 6 months back) involves my Macbook Pro.

It starts back with our last computer purchase, a 17" HP laptop. At the time my wife suggested that we get a Mac. I promptly said no that I wanted only a windows machine. Don't ask because I don't know what I was thinking. So we got the HP. Decent box but as per usual quickly started to get bogged down with Windows crap (Vista).

Fast forward about 2.5 years and now I'm on my second iPhone (went from the 3G to the 3GS) and I'm dying to get a Mac. After weeks of badgering she gives in. I make the purchase, receive it and fell in love.

Recent (past Sunday) I was reminded how awesome the Macs are when I attempted to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 on the HP. 12+ hours later I have a formated HD and a fresh stable install of 7. Ugh! The whole time my Macbook just sat quiet next to the HP, all the while mocking it.

I don't think I'll ever go back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Glad you like your Mac :)
For me my MacBook Pro is the one computer I always enjoy turning to, never let me down so far. With all the hassle with linux systems at work, reading up on documentation for linux software and helping my friends with their Windows boxes, it's no wonder. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
You don't realize how annoying it is to fix Windows until you don't have to do it anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.
Completely agree! I made the same switch, tried to use my Windows machine the other day.
I had to look for the "command" key. Lol. When I couldn't find it, I settled for control, but control+q wouldn't close the **** window!
The trackpad is also so different, I hate the ones on regular computers now.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You don't realize how annoying it is to fix Windows until you don't have to do it anymore.

Wow this is so true. Gets really difficult when I try to troubleshoot problems for my friends from memory. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Wow this is so true. Gets really difficult when I try to troubleshoot problems for my friends from memory. >_<"
Which is why I keep a Windows installation caged up as a VM

Cheers :)

Hugh

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Situations like this are why there is an unwritten rule of thumb. Roughly translated the rule states that "When your spouse/significant other gives you permission to buy a Mac do so before they change their mind."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
At the time my wife suggested that we get a Mac. I promptly said no that I wanted only a windows machine. Don't ask because I don't know what I was thinking.
As much as people say that Mac users are cult-like I think some Windows users are the same. They have the same reaction that you had initially. Most of them can't explain to me why they want to stay with Windows except that they just don't want to try out Macs.

For most people that is all they know so they think it's normal to do hours of maintenance and fixes. I keep getting a reminder when my Dad screws up his Windows computer somehow and then gets me to come fix his computer.

C

chas_m

I need this on a bumper sticker, a t-shirt and a plaque in every CS class in North America -- STAT!! :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Quote of the day right there... no, make that month... no, make that of the year... mind if I borrow that one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.