• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who uses the one button mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
I bought my mini a couple of days ago with the mac keyboard and mouse.. It a while to get used to but I like it. Who elses uses it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I do, also because its built into my powerbook, every once in a while I will try to use the second button that does not exist, but I like the one button style. When I am on pc's I get pissed off when crtl click does not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I use a single button mouse, I find it weird to go back to a mouse with 2 now! I find myself ctrl + right clicking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i dont mind the 1 button on my ibook , it just feels so good to use , but when i have a mouse plugged in , it's usually a two button mouse but i dont like to right click it feels naughty or something like that haha .

T

Tel

What was that company that had the mouse that was exactly the same as the one button Apple mouse, but it had 2 buttons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I use my mac bluetooth mouse

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
One click mouse all the way for me! :cool: Everytime, I need to plug in the usb two button mouse for emergencies, it feels too foreign to me now. I can't stand the two button mouse now. Jeez, what's wrong with me.

F

Fallooza

just wondering how many of you 1 button "Apple" mouse people would switch ta a 2 or more button mouse if "Apple" made one? (just wondering if people use um just because they are "apple" branded not because they are more efficient or easyer ta use?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Right click?... What's that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fallooza said:
sorry i dont have one. use a trackball and hope ta never own a mouse again.

My dad actually switched to trackballs back a few years ago because of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... It has really helped him alot. Evidentally sitting at a desk on a computer for 20 years can be bad for your joints... Who knew?

Of course it drives me nuts every time I sit down at his computer... of course it is a PC so it drives me nuts just to look at the ugly thing in the first place. :black:

OP
Daniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
Wow... I thought I was the only one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Tel said:
Thats the one, thanks. Has anyone ordered from this site? Are they any good?
I use the DVForge mouse. I like it just fine. They also have really fast shipping. It is a little pricey, but it was worth it for me...I am a little anal about using a mouse that doesn't match...hehe, stupid I know, but either way it is a good mouse. :black:

F

Fallooza

this is mine. i wish everyone would give um a try. The best is when someone picks mine up and starts moving it around wondering why my mouse wont work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fallooza said:
this is mine. i wish everyone would give um a try. The best is when someone picks mine up and starts moving it around wondering why my mouse wont work!

That's the same one my Dad uses... there was an older version with a much larger ball that he liked better. You would actually click that one with your thumb and move it with your fingers... But logitech discontinued it.

I actually kinda liked that one.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Fallooza said:

I use that one (Actually the slightly older Trackman Marble with the RED ball and White body). Use it on the Mini and G4 Sawtooth. Love it.

I can use either the stock Mac mouse with CTRL/Click or a multi button. Both work fine for me. I prefer the control that the Trackman Marble gives me though. I am so used to it in Photoshop and other programs, It's hard for me to use anything else. I can though if I have to. My older Macs all have one button apple mice on them.

If a person can use keyboard shortcuts, I don't see what the big deal with CTRL/Click is.

sarahsboy18, I guess I am built different. I work better with the newer Logitech with the ball under the thumb and not the older with the larger ball under the fingers. I can almost do no wrong on the newer Trackman.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.