Better Sound?

Reaction score
Hello!

Noob here, is there a way to get more bass, and fuller sound through my speakers? I have a quality 5.1 system, and the sound lacks bass, even though I have adjusted the equalizer. I am using a Mac Mini.

BTW, it sounds fine in my Sennheisers.....

Thanks!

p.s. My third day of enlightenment, and I really love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
RogerC said:
Hello!

Noob here, is there a way to get more bass, and fuller sound through my speakers? I have a quality 5.1 system, and the sound lacks bass, even though I have adjusted the equalizer. I am using a Mac Mini.

BTW, it sounds fine in my Sennheisers.....

Thanks!

p.s. My third day of enlightenment, and I really love it!
If its like i have with speakers then an amp then you computer you could just buy an equalizer put in in and then you can adjust it to get the sound you want. If its not then im afraid i cant be much help im not up to speed with these all-in-one type of things. By the way who is the manufacture you might be able to find something in the owners manual or their website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
What type of speakers are they? I assume you have a powered subwoofer? Try adjusting the gain on the subwoofer, and see if that helps. If not you could always just buy a new set of good quality speakers.

OP
RogerC
Reaction score
I'm using a Midiland 5.1 Surround system. I has a decoder box that I plug into the back of the Mini. The decoder box sends the signals to the five speakers.

I have the subwoofer turned all the way up.

It must have something to do with the output signal. In that "other" OS, I had floor pounding bass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
RogerC said:
I'm using a Midiland 5.1 Surround system. I has a decoder box that I plug into the back of the Mini. The decoder box sends the signals to the five speakers.

I have the subwoofer turned all the way up.

It must have something to do with the output signal. In that "other" OS, I had floor pounding bass.
Try adjusting the Equalizer in iTunes if you haven't done so already go to the window menu then click on equalizer maybe bass reducer got turned on some how

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well the output jack on the mini is headphone & line out.
Try going to applications->Utilities->Audio Midi Setup and make sure the output is selected as Line-Out, not Headphone Out.

OP
RogerC
Reaction score
It only allows me to choose headphones.

There is no line out.

Hmmmm...........?

OP
RogerC
Reaction score
Ok guys.....my bad.....

When I moved my desk to pull the cables on my old HP PC, I must have yanked the plug on the back of my subwoofer.

Oops!

Thanks for you help, anyway!

Now it rocks once again!

I really like the simplicity of ripping CD's in iTunes. Works great.

Rog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmmm... according to the apple tech spec page the mini has a headphone/line out jack...

I would have thought that you could select the type of output?

Can any other mac mini owners shed some light on this?

Alternatively you might want to look into a device that provides a 'true' line-out, such as the usb adapter iMic that offers line in/mic in & line out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
RogerC said:
It only allows me to choose headphones.

There is no line out.

Hmmmm...........?
It should come up headphones, your speakers are pluged into the headphone plug [look close at the plug there are headphones].

1 open itunes
2 go Window > Equalizer
3 pick something from the drop down list or make a custom by draging the sliders [make sure on is checked]

my guess is that some how bass reducer got selected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
RogerC said:
Ok guys.....my bad.....

When I moved my desk to pull the cables on my old HP PC, I must have yanked the plug on the back of my subwoofer.

Oops!

Thanks for you help, anyway!

Now it rocks once again!

I really like the simplicity of ripping CD's in iTunes. Works great.

Rog
lol you had me thinking about this one (all that waisted time :()

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.