New iMac died within 6 weeks, now repaired, a lot slower

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core
The title pretty much sums it up.

Do I ring them up and tell them it's a lot slower? or just live with it.

Bit disappointed with my first mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Yep, ring them up!

C

chas_m

They will of course have you go through a few steps first to help them determine what the problem ISN'T, but play along.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
What was wrong with it, anyway?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He said... "the CPU... *technical mumbo jumbo*"

Couldn't decipher what he was talking about.

Truly amazing what it looks like inside.

It seems to be functioning a lot better, so I think I might just hold off ringing up for now and see how things go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No I didn't? Seems a bit weird. Never even heard of the company apple sent out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
No I didn't? Seems a bit weird. Never even heard of the company apple sent out.

Mate i would be taking it in to the Geniuses @ Doncaster or one of them in Melb.(is the Lonsdale st one up and going yet ??)
Dont let someone come to you and if you have never heard of the company ??? Hmmmmm is a little weird ..... Keep us posted. As im in Canberra where we havnt a Apple store, only a MAC1.
Just curious as if i need them for anything, i dont particularly want someone coming to my abode :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
We have a new I Mac, as of January 1/2010, airport card, replaced, super drive replaced, and now it has slowed down booting, so Mac's are not without problems, I'm glad we took the longest warranty out on it. Now the repair people were here is less than 6 hours and back again 24 hours and again 24 hours later and since we worked with the apple rep on the phone the repair service had the parts quickly, The repairmen do not work for Apple directly, but subcontractors for them. He knew only what a training program was for repair taught him, but he was good at what he knew, basically they just replace parts that are or appear to be bad. He did know something abut Macs software and had some supplied diagnostic programs with him

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.