Selling my Windows Computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
Alright folks, i am thinking of selling my windows computers to get the new imac, man, i cant resist lol. My questions/concerns are that will i be able to do everything i do on windows?

For example i run my own little server with filezilla server, will that run with no problems? What about other windows stuff that will not run? Or i was thinking of installing windows through bootcamp just whenever i need windows, i can boot it up with that. Good idea?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum and please read this sticky post.

These questions have been asked and answered many times. Please use the search function that's provided.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Just to help you out a bunch. Don't worry about anything. I too was worried about that same thing, not being able to run some things on Mac. My truth was that I don't miss anything. I don't miss programs that Mac can't run because either there is a Mac variant that will do the same thing or I never used that program that much anyways and I don't miss it. I'm a pretty big gamer and was worried about losing a bunch of games that don't have Mac versions, but that is exactly what I have Bootcamp for. I have Windows 7 loaded up under bootcamp and find myself booting into Windows less and less. If you can afford it I would say go for it. For me it's been a dream.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I too felt the same way before concidering to buy a Mac.
If it weren't for the fact that 70% of my work programs are Windows OS specific, I would have never added WinXP to my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I too felt the same way before concidering to buy a Mac.
If it weren't for the fact that 70% of my work programs are Windows OS specific, I would have never added WinXP to my MBP.

In general, when there's not a Mac equivalent program/function, Windows (via Boot Camp) is always there on standby. Read: nothing to worry about

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool thanks guys... I have had an iMac before and i just cant resist from the new imacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Come to the light all are welcome.

But seriously, I had the exact same concerns as well. I've found that there is nothing I can't do on the Mac, in most cases better than on windows. There is a plethora of very good FREE software for Macs. There's a lot of free software for windows too, but most of it is crap. The only think I use windows for now is on my work computer because they FORCE me to. But, even there I can use my Mac for a lot of what I do. I can use our exchange mail on my Mac and I can use the main tool that I use at work (Web Intelligence) which is web based, on my Mac as well.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nice im glad to hear positive reviews. But for my server, i will have to use windows through bootcamp ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.