Question about repairing Boot Camp Windows XP install

Reaction score
I have an early 2006 imac running snow leopard. I never took very good care of my windows partition, being used to not needing loads of anti-virus etc.

Now, whenever i boot into windows, i get 'Bad image' and a bunch of missing .dll errors. I have a windows XP install disk and i was planning on repairing the XP install. Does this carry any risks for my hard drive, mac partition included? What is the best way to go about repairing? I was hoping for some feedback before i dove into this.

I would think i start the machine up, choose boot from CD - let it load up the drivers, then hit R to repair windows. Any advice would be really helpful and appreciated. If theres some way i can screw up my partition and have to reinstall snow leopard as well, i might just have to let windows stay dead.
Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To run a repair on your Windows XP partition, follow the directions given here:

LINK

Keep in mind that the Windows repair will wipe out all your security updates and patches since the last service pack was issued (3). You will have to download them again. Make sure you keep your firewall on and have your AV software working correctly!

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.